No more egg-scuses
Gosh! Every other day seems to be a holiday at the moment and many of us will relate this to chilling and eating out.
Good for the soul (tick), but not good for the bod when we're chilled on the one hand and over-stocked in the Easter egg department on the other!
The danger lurks when we allow a chocolate binge to turn into a downward spiral. And whilst it's more than okay to enjoy every inch of your Lindt coated egg, sooner or later we have to have that last mouthful, lick our paws and say "that's it".
Suffice to say blood sugar levels will certainly be whacked out of sync after a chocolate indulgence, which is going to make cravings rife and the vicious cycle difficult to break. And that's not all! Along for the joyful ride will be an increase in insulin levels, not our favourite hormone when it comes to being lean!!
So how to manage this?
- First prize - avoid the temptation to have any Easter eggs!
- Failing that - Ask the Easter bunny to kindly deliver a moderate sized egg!
- Dark chocolate is the best choice. Select one that has a minimum of 70% cocoa/cacao as it has the highest content of anti-oxidants and minerals.
- Enjoy the moment, press that 'delete'button and get right back on track.
- Eat healthy fats along with good quality protein and keep carbs in check. this will help keep your blood sugar levels in check.
- Try and keep active over the Easter period to balance the books out.
- And finally, get rid of any leftover Easter eggs to avoid further temptation!